Venue Location: Waterfront Piers 30-32
Financing Method: Privately financed by team
Pier Repair: Financed by team ($120 million)
Venue Uses: Basketball, entertainment, waterfront uses
Construction: Finished in time for the 2017-18 NBA Season
Taxes: No new taxes
General Fund Burden: No money from City’s General Fund
Transportation Options: A short walk from Muni, BART, Caltrain, the new Transbay Terminal and regional ferry service
New Parks: More than half of the 13 acre site will be new, publicly accessible parks and plazas with expansive views of the Bay and the City
Jobs: The Arena project is projected by the City to bring approximately 2,800 permanent jobs and 5,000 construction jobs
- The Golden State Warriors are privately financing a new sports and entertainment venue on the waterfront in San Francisco
- The state-of-the-art, multi-purpose venue will be located at Piers 30-32 on San Francisco Bay, south of the Bay Bridge, between the Ferry Building and AT&T Park
- Under the plan, the City will provide the site, and the Warriors will cover the upfront costs of repairing the crumbling piers, estimated to be more than $120 million.
- A world-class, state-of-the-art sports and entertainment facility on San Francisco Bay will create thousands of new jobs for Bay Area residents.
- The Warriors are privately financing the venue – with no money from the City’s general fund and no new taxes.
- The new facility will host the Bay Area’s NBA basketball team, as well as provide a spectacular new venue for toptier concerts, cultural events and conventions.
- The new venue will be perfectly located for pedestrian and public transit option - with a Muni Metro stop at its doorstep and only a few blocks from Embarcadero Station and the new Transbay Transit Center.
- With convenient options for BART, Muni, CalTrain and ferry service, the venue will be one of the most transit-friendly facilities in the nation.